Jackie Weaver of the Cheshire Association of Local Councils became an unlikely internet star after trying to keep control of an unruly meeting of the Handforth Parish Council.
Also in the news,,,
- Denmark and Sweden announced plans for Covid vaccine passports as the Times reported that the UK is working on them too.
- In a speech President Biden gave at the State Department, the President reintroduced American diplomacy, reversing a US military withdrawal from Germany, he also ended support for Saudi Arabia’s war on Yemen and warned Russia the US would no longer be compliant anymore to provocation.
- Donald Trump refused to testify at his impeachment trial, and he has also resigned from the Screen Actors Guild following his Home Alone debacle.
- Rich countries including the UK, Canada and Norway have intimated that they will donate or at least distribute surplus doses to needier countries in due course, but they’ll take care of their own first.
Vaccination World News
- High income countries have reserved 60 per cent of the 7.2 billion doses ordered so far even though they only represent 16 per cent of the world’s population.
- The Covax initiative aims to deliver vaccines to 145 poorer countries and has firm orders for 336 million doses of the AstraZeneca vaccine, enough to vaccinate 3 per cent of those countries’ populations by June. This is similar tocurrent levels in most of Europe but far behind those in the UK and the US (at 15 and 10 per cent respectively).
Below is the excerpt of the Handforth Parish Council Meeting of December 10th 2020 that’s gone viral this week 🙂