WELFARE BENEFITS AND TAX CREDITS HANDBOOK 2018/19
What does it cover?
Our definitive guide to all benefits and tax credits is an essential resource for all professional advisers serious about giving the best and most accurate advice to their clients.
Newly restructured, the handbook is now easier to use and it has been refocused to bring universal credit to the fore.
With detailed information on all the recent changes to the social security system, including the latest on the roll-out of universal credit and the sanctions regime, the Welfare Benefits and Tax Credits Handbook provides comprehensive advice about entitlement in 2018/19
This edition includes new and updated information on:
• who can claim benefits and tax credits
• the roll-out of universal credit
• disability and incapacity benefits, and the work capability assessment for employment and support allowance
• dealing with benefit sanctions
• challenging decisions, backdating, overpayments, income and capital, and national insurance provisions
• changes to support for mortgage interest
Fully indexed for ease of use and cross-referenced to law, regulations, official guidance and court decisions, Upper Tribunal and commissioners’ decisions, the handbook also offers tactical information on common problem areas and advice on how to challenge decisions.
Who is it for?
The Welfare Benefits and Tax Credits Handbook is an essential resource for welfare rights advisers, lawyers, local authority staff, social workers, union officials and claimants.
Cover price £61 and for CPAG members and CAB customers £51.85.